Melanie is our host of Share Your World. She has some deep questions today.
1) Are human beings required to better themselves and will doing that make them happier? I don’t think we are “required” to better ourselves, but for most of us, we are happier when we do. Bettering yourself can be physical, emotional, spiritual, educational, or whatever floats your boat.
2) Is it easier to love or to be loved? The only thing you have control over is to love. You can’t control who will love you. It is easy to love others. IMHO
3) Outside traumatic brain injury, can memories be completely erased? The only way I think you can truly erase memories is with the aid of very strong hallucinogens.
4) Is there such a thing as a good death? Oh boy. A good death to me would be when I was ready to let go and just fell asleep in the arms of a loved one.
5) One ‘silly’ one because the former questions were fairly serious:
What do you imagine is inside a baseball? Not sure and don’t really care. I remember as a kid I cut open an old softball with a box cutter. I don’t remember what was in it, but it was fun cutting it.
GRATITUDE SECTION: This made me laugh.