Di is our hostess for Share Your World. Pop on over to her site to learn a little bit more about other bloggers.
- The First of May is a Bee Gees Song.
Do you like the Bee Gees and if so, what is your favorite track? I adore the Bee Gees. How can you not. I don’t know that I have a particular favorite. All of their music makes my toes tap.
- What was the first record (single or album) you bought? My first albums were Beatles. I can’t remember my first single. I started buying them with money I got from turning in pop bottles.
- Do you know what was top of the charts the day you were born?
(You can check it out here source) Perry Como – Wanted was the #1 hit in the US on the day I was born.
- Do you and your partner have a ‘special tune’? Not really
Gratitude: I am grateful for all the music I love.
Di is our hostess for Share Your World.
Here are this week’s random questions:
1. Do you have a lot of friends or do you know a lot of people ? I don’t have a lot of friends. I’ve always been odd man out. But, the people I know to be my friends are wonderful. I am grateful they are in my life. Much to my surprise, a couple of ladies whom I was sure were my friends, stopped all contact with me once they knew I had cancer. I don’t understand why they feel they no longer want to be in my life. Cancer is not contagious.
2. If you are at a party and know very few of the guests, do you mingle and introduce yourself, sit on the sidelines and people watch, or discreetly leave? Without a doubt, I sit on the sidelines and people watch.
3. What is the best job you have ever had? Being a mom
4. Can you swim? I can swim and I love doing it. My doctor has agreed to allow me to return to water physical therapy. Just as soon as I am able, I intend to return to the pool.
Di is our hostess for Share Your World. She presents us with questions that let the blogging community get to know us better.
This weeks questions are:
- What is the most comfortable vehicle you have even ridden in or driven? I once took a test drive a jaguar two seater. It had wonderful front bucket seats.
- What is the most uncomfortable vehicle you have even ridden in or driven? I was a passenger in a PT Cruiser. The front seat was fine, but the back seat was awfully uncomfortable.
- Have you ever ridden a horse (or a donkey at the seaside)? I’ve only ridden horses that you pay by the hour to ride. Once we were near the seaside, but not actually on the beach. I am not thrilled with riding horses.
- If you could have one of these as a pet, which would it be and why? Black panther, cheetah, leopard, lynx I’m going to copy Vanda’s answer on this one. I don’t think big cats should be kept as pets though so I wouldn’t choose any of those listed.
Gratitude: I am grateful for the wonderful women in my tribe.
Many thanks to Di, for continuing Share Your World each week.
Here are this week’s questions:
1. How organized are you in either your working or private life? At school I most often worked in organized chaos. I had boxes for each topic that I taught. During that unit I had the materials I needed all over the place. Then I’d organize it all again until needed again. My house is now much more organized than it was when I was still working. I have spent the last few years purging and decluttering my home. One purpose for eliminating so much was the hope of moving to a smaller house, by the beach. I don’t miss anything I have gotten rid of. The things I kept are organized and in their places.
2. Do you remember family birthdays or anniversaries and send cards? I used to be very good about remembering to need to send cards. I often made my own. The thing was, I would buy them, address them, and then forget to send them. I love getting cards, so I have begun sending them out again.
3. If you see something in a shop that is an extravagance but you can afford it, do you buy it? I buy very little of anything anymore. When I would buy extravagant things in the past, I had to justify it to myself before spending money.
4. Are you looking forward to the New Year? The new year doesn’t mean much to me. I’ve never been one to go out and party. I enjoy the festivities I can watch on TV.
Gratitude: What simple thing warms your heart?
A message from my tribe, makes me feel less alone and warms my heart.
Di is graciously continuing Share Your World with us. Her questions are right up my alley today.
1. Does the weather affect your mood? Weather does affect my mood. When it turns cold, my body is in pain. It’s difficult to be in a great mood when you are in pain.
2. If a stranger smiles at you or says ‘good morning’ when they pass you in the street, do you return it? I still wear a mask whenever I am out in the world, so smiles might get past me. I might give a nod to a ‘good morning.’
3. If you had a choice of just one of these things to eat, what would it be and why? Chocolate, a sweet pastry, a plate of chips/fries (this is not a forever choice, just one instance). 99% of the time, chocolate would be my go to. Sweet pastries have little appeal to me.
4. If you could go back to when you were a specific age, what would that be? Why? I wouldn’t want to go back to any age unless I had the knowledge I now have. I might go back to after my kids were born to start a new life sooner.
Gratitude: I am grateful for the people who stay.