Melanie is the host of Share Your World.
She typically asks four questions and we get to answer letting others know a little bit more of how our minds work.
1) Which would you rather throw away: Love or Money? This is a trick question in my mind. You can’t throw away true love, because it will come back. You can easily throw away money.
2) Do you believe you should do one thing a day that scares you? I don’t want to do anything that really scares me. My heart can’t take it.
3) What’s the last thing you do at night? Wonder why I can’t sleep
4) If you could own a mythical creature (unicorn, phoenix, etc.), which one would you pick? (A nod to the soon ending 2021 A-Z Blogging Challenge, my topic this year “Mythical Creatures”) I truly wouldn’t want to OWN a mythical creature. But, I sure would enjoy it if a unicorn decided to visit often. (Preferably when no one else was around to claim it.)
GRATITUDE SECTION (Always Optional)
What Are You Grateful For?
Playtime with Annie.Rest time with Annie.
Melanie is the host of Share Your World. She asks the questions and we get the privilege to answer them. Everyone is living a different world, especially now, so don’t forget to stop by and read how others have answered.
1) What was the last TV show you binge-watched? If you don’t watch TV (congratulations by the way) what’s the last thing you binged ON? That would probably be Big Bang Theory. I have them on DVD and they are funny to me.
2) What’s your most prized possession and why? If the answer necessitates a physical object, I would have to say the artwork I have collected. It makes me happy to sit and view the ability of an artist to bring me peace and contentment. If a non-physical answer is allowed, I would have to say my heart being open to care about others.
3) If you had the time and inclination, what would you volunteer for? I would love to be a volunteer in a baby nursery rocking infants.
4) Do you think that humans will ever be able to live together in harmony? Sadly, probably not in my lifetime.
Gratitude Section (As always, Optional) Share something uplifting with everyone. It can be some writing or an image or photo you like!
Melanie is the hostest with the mostest as she brings us questions at Share Your World.
(image courtesy of Paula Light – Light Motifs II)
1) If not now, then when?
Whenever the mood strikes me
2) Can you describe your life in a six-word sentence?
I am woman hear me roar.
3) Do you remember that thing people used to say, about how you swallow eight spiders a year while you sleep? It’s not true, but do you think you’ve ever swallowed any? What bug do you think you’ve eaten the most of by accident?
In my younger days I loved to ride my bike. On more than one occasion I swallowed a gnat. Yuck.
4) What’s the best approach to resolving conflict?
careful thought as to if you really need to be involved or not
5) Gratitude Section (as always optional) Where do you find inspiration?
My greatest inspiration come from inside myself. Accepting that I am who I am and being happy with that.
Thank you Melanie for your Share Your World questions today.
1. How well do you know your next-door neighbors? Do you like them? (credit to Cyranny for the question) Not very well at all. Both sides are kind people who speak very little English. I once tutored the young man next door in English.
2. Do you have a full-length mirror? (credit to Sadje for the rest of the questions) I have those outdated sliding mirror doors in my bedroom. The funny thing is that the lower third is covered with painters tape because Annie thinks it is another dog and is anxious seeing it. The things we do for our fur babies.
3. How long do you spend putting on makeup in the morning? Zero. I haven’t worn make-up in years. Anything on my face breaks me out like I am a teenager.
4. How many items of clothing are in your bedroom (or closet) and not hung up? If you mean that need to be hung up, zero. If you mean folded instead of hung up, then the majority of my clothes. I built shelves in my closet before closet world even thought of doing it. LOL.
GRATITUDE QUESTION (as always optional) Do you have a happy place?
I am grateful for my home. It is my happy place because even in lockdown I always have ways to be creative. When and if I feel safe again, I would like to walk on the beach again. It has been my happy place for most of my life.
Melanie’s Share Your World questions are always a fun challenge for me.
1) If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be for? (Covid considerations are suspended for this question) A fantasy of mine, when I was teaching, was always to rent out Disneyland for the entire staff and students to throw one heck of an end of the year party. I knew I would definitely do this if I won the lottery. The only flaw in my plan was that I never buy lottery tickets.
2) Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate. A picture can be worth a thousand words, but it can also be a huge deception. I recently shared the background information of a picture taken seven or so years ago. One family member could not make it and was very sad seeing all the smiling faces, sans hers. I explained that two of the family members were actively arguing the entire day, two were smiling but not speaking to each other, three were angry about having their picture taken, and only two seemed really happy. It struck me as a deceptive photo.
3) Where IS Waldo? (Waldo, for those unfamiliar with him, is a cartoon character featured in many “find Waldo” images and puzzles)
<—— WALDO Waldo can now go everywhere because he is ecstatic that everyone is now looking for Bernie and leaving him alone.
4) What’s the best part of waking up? Being on the right side of the dirt
5) Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales? (Wee disclaimer. I’m certainly not advocating the slaughter of creatures and the use of their skins for clothing or accessories. No! This question is a ‘grow your own’ type question…if you had an option of your own skin being made of fur OR scales, which would you choose?) I’d have to go with fur as it is typically soft and would encourage stroking.
GRATITUDE SECTION (Always optional) Feel free to share your gratitude for our world!
I am over the moon grateful for more and more people being vaccinated. My family are getting vaccinated this week because they are teachers and a nurse. I have many friends getting their first or second this week. The more vaccines administered, the closer we are to a hugging world.