Di is our hostess for Fibbing Friday. Our task is to answer her questions with blatant lies. There is to be no truth in our answers.
1. What is boisterous? a young man who stirs things up
2. What is a womaniser? a woman who sizes up other women in a garment shop
3. What is a faux pas? a pet with an artificial foot
4. Define plumber. a person who gets all the best jobs
5. What is a sous chef? the chef who got hurt on the job and won a huge payoff
6. What is antisocial? the wife of unclesocial
7. Why did they call the wind Maria? because the name Windy was already taken
8. Where would you find a kettle drum? in maw and paw’s kitchen
9. What is a kango drill? the tool dentists use on kangaroos
10. What makes bread rise? reveille played on spoons
Di hosts Fibbing Friday, where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option.
- Aurora Borealis is also known as the vapid girl whose eyes bore a hole in your soul.
- Who was Farouk Balsara? He was the dancing king of the new style of salsa line dancing.
- Chasing Cars is by which group? The Michelin Rounders
- What is Detritus? It is the latest dry shampoo for hospital patients.
- Eggplant is also known as unfound Easter eggs.
- Who is Filbert Fox? He is latest Warner Brothers cartoon character.
- Gentoo is a what? A cover up for very large male organs.
- Rutabaga is also called the line between your dyed hair and new growth.
- What is IPlayer? Someone who is in love with themselves.
- Jambo is a greeting in which language? The artistic developers of the product that combines peanut butter and jelly.
It’s Di’s turn to provide us with the Fibbing Friday prompt. Di says, “This week, who could have written these 5 books or sung these 5 songs?”
1. From Here to Eternity. was written by Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
2. The Glass Mountain. was written by Cinderella.
3. The Shining was written by Tamatoa from Moana.
4. Little Women was written by the Seven Dwarf’s wives.
5. Pride and Prejudice .was written by Baloo from The Jungle Book.
6. I want it all was sung by the Tramp.
7. Bat out of Hell was sung by Bolt.
8. Space Oddity was sung by Tinkerbell.
9. Help! was sung by Princess Rapunzel in Tangled.
10. For Your Eyes Only was sung by Mirabel in Encanto.
Di is at the help for Fibbing Friday today. I’ve been up for more than an hour. Annie has been fed but we haven’t been out to play because it is still dark outside. A physical hint that fall is on its way. What better way to await sunrise than to fib my way online.
“With recent events regarding the UK economy this week, it got me thinking about money. We are all familiar with the abbreviations for various currencies, so what if currency suddenly disappeared? What would you suggest these abbreviations would then stand for if they no longer relate to money?”
1. GBP Gotta Be Prudent
2. USD Useless Silly Directions
3. CHF Chances He’s Finished
4. EUR Everyone Uses Ritalin
5. DOP Don’t Operate Pullies
6. INR Instant Nerd Reaction
7. ISK I Should Know
8. JPY Just Pay Yearly
9. MYR My Your Righteous
10. THB The House Bends