Melanie is our host for Share Your World. This week’s questions include Mother Earth.
Credit for partial image goes to Katy (email@example.com) . It was added to and gently ‘tweaked’ by Melanie.
1) In your opinion, how are we affecting our planet? We are destroying it more every day.
2) What solutions would you offer to stem the multiple problems we face vis a vis the destruction of our planet home? We need to find and use sustainable recourses instead of coal and oil. We need to somehow get rid of single use plastic. We need to get rid of all politicians who say there is no such thing as global warming.
3) Do you think it’s already too late and we could just do exactly as we’re doing now and things would turn out the very same? It may very well be too late for my generation, but I don’t believe that there is no hope for my grandkids.
4) Do you participate in things like “Arbor Day” (a U.S. Holiday dedicated to planting new trees) or Earth Day or Earth Month? When I was teaching, I always made a big deal of Arbor Day and Earth Day. I tried to teach about renewable and non-renewable resources during April. We wrote post cards to government officials, decorated paper bags donated by the grocery store (and returned them to be used), took part in writing and art contests about the Earth, etc. I had students write lists about ways, they themselves could reduce their footprint on our Earth.
5) Is any of it important in the ‘Big Picture’? I am optimistic to believe that every little bit helps.
GRATITUDE SECTION: I care about this planet because I am invested in its future.