Dr. Tanya at Salted Carmel has come up with another weekly feature. She asks us to make a list of 5 things that make you smile.
I am tweaking it just a bit. I am going to make my list of things that make me happy during this shelter in place. My typical joys are not always available right now.
1. Calls from friends and family make me smile and bring joy to my heart. I feel isolated when I haven’t heard from anyone in a while.
2. Playing fetch with my dog every morning makes me happy. Annie is a funny girl and she makes every day better.
3. Reading and writing blogs makes me smile. I feel connected to the world when I can read blogs any time of the day or night. There is typically something new all the time.
4. Baking makes me happy as it fills my home with wonderful smells. When I have the energy and cravings, I make some yummy desserts. I am practicing self-control by not eating everything at once.
5. Grounding AKA Earthing makes me smile. When I spend time outside barefoot for extended periods of time my energy moves better, and I am a happier person.