Melanie is the host for Share Your World. The questions today seem very deep to me.
1) What do you believe but cannot prove? I believe I am an empath.
2) Do animals have morals? Exclude human beings from the equation please. I believe animals have emotions but I am unsure is morality is part of their make-up.
3) Is there inherent order in nature or is it all chaos and chance? Nature has its own order and man adds chaos
4) Where is your least favorite place in the world? A dark cave because I am highly claustrophobic
GRATITUDE SECTION (Participation Always Optional) Feel free to share something about the seasons that makes you smile!
Mother’s day is a difficult day for me since my mom’s passing. Yesterday my grandson surprised me with flowers and a card. I smiled from ear to ear.
Ronovan gives us the words high and refresh for his Haiku challenge today.
Don’t get high tonight
You will miss out on life’s dreams
You won’t be refreshed
My friend and I went into the convenience store to check out the fodder of snacks on the shelves. I personally don’t care what brand of junk food I get, as long as it has chocolate in it. My friend scanned the options from the front to the back of the shelves. It seemed the agent at the counter thought her motion of touching all the packages was something to be suspicious of. He followed her every move around the store hoping to stop her from using a five-finger discount. I was getting red from embarrassment. I am too much of a chicken to steal anything.
I had to convince her to stay away from the frosty items because anything in the deep freeze would surely melt by the time we got to the car. She wondered why 100-degree heat would make ice cream melt. Sometimes she can be such an idiot I have to hold my tongue.
We made our choices and approached the counter. She asked the clerk how high the lottery was this week. He gruffly stated that it had reached $250,000,000. He assumed she wanted a ticket and added the price to our bill. She was too shy to correct him and handed over her credit card.
We headed to the movies and began scarfing down our goodies. By the time our movie was over, the lottery numbers had been drawn. On a lark, we checked our numbers. We read them and reread them. We couldn’t believe our eyes.
We had won the lottery! This was the most beautiful mistake to ever occur. How do you spend that much money?
.MMA – friend, chicken
Daily Word Prompt – brand, fodder
MLMM – Opposing Forces
Daily Spur – agent
MLMM – Sunday Writing Prompt
FOWC – motion, lottery
Three Things Challenge -idiot, shy, high
Sadje is the host of Sunday Poser. Her question today is fitting for Mother’s Day.
I am going to go a little off topic to Sadje’s question. I have some sweet memories of Mother’s Day from my childhood. I have some special memories when I became Mom. But the one that holds my heart the most was Mother’s Day 2015. I flew to Arizona to spend the weekend with Mom. She was so happy I came out that weekend. I went to her favorite Mexican food restaurant and ordered our typical go-to foods. We had a lovely visit. We shared memories and had laughs. I was worried about her failing health and she kept telling me she was going to the doctor in August. Little did I know that it would be our last Mother’s Day together. I am so grateful we shared that weekend of love and laughter.
Rory has more questions for us to respond to.
1) How do you like your sausages – straight, curved, short, long, fat, or thin or do you not even like sausages? Interpret as you wish …. I do not eat pork and turkey sausages are usually circles.
2) How often [under normal circumstances] would you visit a hairdressers/barbers in one year? That depends on if I am going with short cuts or letting it grow out. Visiting a hairdresser is hard on my back so I only go when necessary. A couple of times a year is typical for me.
3) What is it specifically do you think about humor that makes you laugh – as in ‘what’s so funny to you?’ Why do you laugh at some things and not others – what is the magical ingredient for you? I’ve actually never thought of that before. Great lines in TV shows make me laugh. Answers to Fibbing Friday often make me laugh out loud. Many comic strips and memes make me laugh. I can say I am not in to slapstick.
4) If you were convinced you had seen an alien or a UFO [from another planet] how would you make people believe you or would you not tell anyone? I would again, keep it to myself. Oops… I let the cat out of the bag.
5) Do you know what your place is in the world – where you fit in – and is that important to you? My “place” used to be a mom, a wife, a teacher, a grandma, a scrapbooker, a quilter, etc. While I still hold those places in my heart, I now rarely feel the need to “fit in.” Being retired has meant that I get to do what I want, when I want. My own company is what makes me happiest. When I am happy, I enjoy reaching out to others with love and friendship. If I don’t fit in, it doesn’t matter.
6) Is it important to you to get ‘noticed’ or are you happy enough to just be seen and is there really a difference do you think? The only time I like being noticed was when I was teaching. Not necessarily noticed, but listened to. Out in the world, I want to be seen, but not noticed.
Thanks Rory for the questions.