Dr. Tanya is our host for 5 Things Tuesday. Today she says:
“After the pandemic and during the current geopolitical situation inflation is on an upward spiral. This leads you to evaluate more carefully what you spend on. It seems like a good idea to do a couple of 5 things posts on shopping decisions. Today I ask you to list 5 Things You Don’t Buy Anymore.
I retired right before the pandemic. I had already changed my shopping habits some time before.
Long before retiring, I stopped buying make-up. Every product bothers my skin.
Long before retiring, I stopped buying nylons. They also bothered my body.
Long before retiring, I stopped buying high heal shoes. My plantar fasciitis made them impossible to wear.
Long before retiring, I stopped buying bras (TMI). They’re too painful with my fibromyalgia.
Long before retiring, I stopped buying perfumes. I developed an awful allergy to fragrances years ago and can’t breathe if anyone is wearing it.
5 Things I Don’t Buy Anymore Because of The Pandemic
1) I don’t buy magazines anymore. They become dust collectors and I can read tons of articles online now. The scrapbooking magazines I used to subscribe to have disappeared. Those are ones I’d read cover to cover.
2) I don’t buy school supplies anymore. I was always on the hunt for a good deal so I could provide things to kids who needed items.
3) I don’t buy take out food. Occasionally, my spouse will indulge, but I’d rather eat at home.
4) I don’t buy bowling balls at thrift stores anymore. I don’t go to thrift stores except to donate items. I still have lots of naked ones that need to be decorated.
5) I don’t buy fancy clothes of any kind. Purging is the name of the game for me now. I don’t go anywhere, so no need to spend money.