Rory is back with his Weekend Quickie questions.
1) When was the last time you had a quickie on the weekend, and what was it? I had to take a quickie shower today before company arrived to celebrate Passover with me.
2) Why is chocolate more appealing than … what? Chocolate ice cream is more appealing than chocolate candy which is more appealing than chocolate donuts which is more appealing than chocolate cookies which is more appealing than chocolate pudding which is more appealing than chocolate cake which is more appealing than any other thing to eat because they are chocolate.
3) Can you use the word ‘Debauchery’ innocently in a sentence, and if so, how? It is pure debauchery to invite me for dessert and then give me a plate of fruit.
4) How do you remove grass stains from your knees? Soap and water always does the trick for me.
5) Why is it ill-advised to jog uphill backwards blindfolded with your hands above your head? It would be ill-advised for me because I would quickly fall flat on my keister.
6) What is the best way to deliver bad news? Gently and with honesty
7) Do you have a scary mind and if so how so? I’ve worked hard to tame my scary mind that was once an expert on catastrophic expectations.
8) How much sleep do you get each day, and do you wake refreshed? If yes, why do you think you do, and if not, why do you think you don’t? On a great night I get six hours of sleep. I rarely have a great night. I often exist on four or five hours. It has been a little better now that I don’t have to go to work. I might get up, do some things around the house, and then take a nap. I can’t tell why I don’t sleep. No one in my family sleeps well.
9) Tree, Bee, Tee all rhyme with me, so what fruit am I? No clue
10) Can you list five injuries you could encounter while out in the garden please? In my garden I have cut my hands on thorns from the pomegranate tree, I have scratched my legs from the lemon tree branches, I have been bitten tons and tons of times by mosquitos, I have tripped on gopher holes, and I have been stung by bees.
Bonus Question: Who said, “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.” And who were they talking to? Leslie Neilson, but not sure which of his silly movies. I still use that line myself.