Melanie is our host for Share Your World. Her questions allow us to get to know one another even better.
SHARE YOUR WORLD QUESTIONS
1) What is your opinion of the state of health care in your country? Adequate or inadequate? What could be done to improve it? Health care is inadequate in the US unless you have lots of money. Whenever I go to the doctor, I clearly state I am NOT on Medicare. I get less time and worse care if I am on Medicare. At least that’s been my experience. I am now on an HMO and it is frustrating to be required to see my GP before being able to see any other doctor for anything. When you see your EOB (explanation of benefits) and view the actual prices for everything billed, it’s enough to make you more ill than you were to begin with. I wish I knew how to fix it.
2) What are two words that describe you best? loving & grateful
3) Do you have a morning routine? If so, what it’s like? My morning routine is very different now that I am retired. I feed Annie and turn off the night light in the living room. I take my meds, brush my teeth, and decide if I want to go back to bed for awhile or get going on something. Typically, Annie gets her way and I go outside and play with her.
4) What’s something that really makes your blood race? Listening to the news
5) Do you enjoy singing festive songs during *insert festive celebration that you observe to replace “Christmas” if it’s not relevant to you * Christmas carols or songs? I enjoy Christmas music very much. But I don’t like listening to it on the radio. There is too much repetition. I have my own CDs I enjoy listening to.
** GRATITUDE SECTION (as always optional) Feel free to share something that brings peace to you. I am feeling more and more peace with myself. I am learning to understand that those that criticize and condemn have their own problems that probably have nothing to do with me.