Dr. Tanya asks: What better winter warmer than a steaming hot bowl of soup? It fills you up and warms the cockles of your heart. Soup is the best comfort food in winter.
I love soup. Especially in winter.
1) Homemade split pea soup, either yellow or green split peas. I like it so thick you can stand a spoon up in it.
2) Lentil soup – I made this from scratch for the first time this winter.
3) Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This needs tons of broccoli to be yummy to me.
4) Italian Wedding Soup – I have not made this one myself, but I want to.
5) Albondigas – You can’t go wrong with this one.
I am going to cheat and mention a soup my mother taught me to make. It is lovingly called “clean out the refrigerator soup.” You add anything that is left over in the fridge. Just make sure there is nothing that is truly past its time. LOL There are no pictures because it usually isn’t pretty, but it sure tastes good.