Some fog has lifted in my brain and I remembered someone wanted this recipe, but I don’t remember who.
Enchilada Soup – An insanely delicious and addicting soup make in the crock pot! Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 6 hours
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 -10 oz cans tomatoes
- 2 -14 oz cans corn drained
- 2 -14 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 -10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- kosher salt, pepper
- Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, lime, cilantro, hot sauce, tortilla strips, or cornbread
- Put the chicken in a crock pot. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, corn, black beans, green enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, and chicken broth. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred the chicken in the crock pot with 2 forks. Add the cream cheese.
- Stir until the cream cheese is melted and mixed in evenly. Taste for seasoning. Add kosher salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with optional toppings such as cheese, sour cream, lime, cilantro, hot sauce, tortilla strips, or cornbread.