Roger’s Magical, Mystical Questions:
- What happened to cause you to discover ‘bullies” were real? I lived with a bully who took glee in making me unhappy every way he could.
- Eavesdropping- When given the chance, how often do you eavesdrop? (this may be a similar question to what some folks said they’d do with an invisibility cloak) In the real world, I don’t want to know anyone’s business. As a teacher I often eavesdropped on kid’s conversations. It let me know of drama in the kid’s life as well as trouble between students.
- Escalators, at one time, were the ‘next big thing’. When was the last time you rode an escalator? That would have to be at IKEA picking up a bed.
- Have you ever ‘let’ someone win in a sports competition or a board game? How did it turn out? With board games all the time when my kids when they were little. Then with my grandkids when they were little. Now they stomp me on their own.
Melanie’s Muggle Questions: “I’m very short on time today (Sunday) so I’m borrowing from Rory and Sandmanjazz to fill the questions today”
- Do our fears start with our DNA? (Credit to Rory) Answered in my blog today.
2. If you could have your hair any color for 24 hours, what color would you choose? (Credit to Sandmanjazz) I would love to be a bleached blond for 24 hours. I asked my hairdresser, last year about bleaching my hair and going blond. I have never done this and it sounds like fun. He talked me out of it because my hair grows so fast and I usually got haircuts every 3 or 4 months. He said it would drive me crazy. Instead he gave me highlights and I loved them.
3. When do you think a person gets old? (Credit to Rory) Answered in my blog today.
GRATITUDE SECTION (as always this is optional) Please feel free to write about an uplifting moment in your life this week!
I am grateful that I am finished painting the upstairs bedroom.
I am grateful that the IKEA bed frame, purchased on sale, could be made usable with some L-brackets I already had.
I am grateful for the store giving me my money back for the carpet shampooer that did not work.
I am grateful that it only took new batteries to get my air conditioner working.
I am grateful that I had some prolonged days full of energy. (Gee, do you think the prednisone I was on for the allergic reaction to the mosquito bites had anything to do with that?)
I am grateful for the ice in my ice maker always providing me with the opportunity for some cold, refreshing water.
I am grateful that the weather man promised high 90’s and not 100 degree temperatures this coming week.
I am grateful that I am half-way finished with the extra long, extra wide, duvet covers I am making.