Roger’s Magical, Mystical Questions:
- Many local regions, especially rural areas where I live, have haunted houses. Have you ever spent the night in a house that was supposedly haunted? Anything ‘strange” happen? The closet I ever came to spending time in what was called a “haunted house” was when I was babysitting as a young teen. The house gave me the creeps. The kids were a little “off.” I had never met the family and I took my first cab ride if my life to get there. The house was creaky, and I felt very uncomfortable there. The parents came home at midnight. The dad took me home. I chose to not take another job there.
- The Quidditch Cup (riding broomsticks while chasing a small ball) was a huge sporting event in the land of Hogwarts. What is the largest sporting event (or concert, etc.) that you have ever attended? When I was in high school, my best friend’s mom had access to tickets at the Forum. We went to concerts there and many Lakers’s games. I have no idea which had greater numbers. I was in awe of the gifted opportunity to attend these events.
- When you go for a swim, do you prefer an ocean, the seaside lakes, or a pool? As a kid I preferred the ocean. Now, it’s all about the pool.
- Ron Weasley received a horrid robe to wear as formal wear to the Christmas dance at Hogwarts. Tell about the most ‘ghastly’ fashion statement that you have ever made. I honestly can’t think of anything.
Muggle Questions (from Melanie):
- What is the last song you sang along to? When I am working, I start singing sons and then make up my own silly words to the tune. This morning I woke with Simon and Garfunkel.
- What was your scariest nightmare about? Dying and leaving my babies without a mom
- What food do you crave most often? Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups is what I crave most often. Luckily, I typically don’t go there often.
- What’s your grossest bug story? Riding my bike down a hill (long before helmets) and running into gnats. I had a mouth full of bugs and fell off my bike while choking. Yuck.
Gratitude: I am grateful that Annie is getting back to her normal self. She played with a tennis ball for the first time yesterday.