I procrastinated responding to this sweet sweet award sent to me from a wonderful blogger. I am not self deprecating just very new to the blogging world and questioning where I fit in. I joyfully read Maggie’s blog From Cave Walls every single day. In fact my day is not complete if I have not read it. I am grateful to follow her blog, to now know her as a wonderful woman, as a friend, and as a great writer. I am tickled to be in the company of terrific people.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer award for blogs that inspire joy and positivity.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog
Maggie’s questions for me:
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
I write about what is going on in my life as a path to recovery from PTSD.
- Country or city or somewhere in-between?
I love the burbs. I don’t care for city life as it is too congested. I don’t care for country life as I am not a fan of critters. My best case scenario would be to live at or near the beach.
- Have you ever seen a glacier or the northern lights?
No but I enjoy teaching about them both. Lots of videos and pictures.
- Where do you feel most at home?
I am at peace when at the beach staring at the ocean waves.
- What talent do you wish you possessed?
I wish I could remember the names of everyone I have ever met. That would be a miracle to me.
- What animal would you consider your spirit animal?
A humming bird
- Have you ever been on television?
No and I have no desire to do so.
- Can you play a musical instrument? If so, what?
Yes of course, the wonderful instrument called a stereo.
- If time travel were possible, what time would you like to visit? I would like to have been a few years older and been able to go to Woodstock and to see the Beatles in person.
- Is music an important part of your life? Yes but I can’t carry a tune with two hands.
- What is the one thing your followers don’t know about you?
My few followers know most things about me. I guess I could say that they don’t know I have some special purpose here in this lifetime as I was supposed to no longer exist three times before turning 13 and yet I am still here.
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- What are three small things that make your day better?
- What is your favorite genre of movie or book?
- What is the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their life?
- If you could turn your blog into a novel, what would it be called?
- What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
- What do you hope never changes in your lifetime?
- What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of?
- What is the hardest thing about blogging for you?
Here is the glitch. I have not been blogging for a long time and I do not follow many people yet. I suspect as the school year ends this will change for me. So my list is limited. I am also extending the award to a couple of people already nominated. I don’t see anything in the rules forbidding it so I shall move forward.
- From Cave Walls
- Linda G. Hill
- Places of the Spirit
- Brain Pickings
- Cultivating a Jewish Path With Heart
- Grok Nation
There are other blogs I follow but not all are an every day event. Some blogs are informative and teaching blogs also. So in an unusual attempt to actually follow the rules I put forth the ones that bring me joy on a regular basis.
I am excited to explore more blogs. By following some of the above wonderful people I have begun reading more and more thoughtful mindsets. It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of the blogging world.