This is my third Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday. The topic is “affirm.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
I‘d like to affirm my loyalty to my country but not its leader. I am grateful for my friends who are like minded.
I affirm my loyalty to my students but not to the makers of standardized tests. I am grateful that my heart allows me to teach to the child and not to the test.
I affirm my love of my family even when I don’t approve of their decisions. I am grateful that at this stage of life they should be responsible for their decisions.
I affirm my desire to lose weight even when I do not follow through. I am grateful that I will eventually get my tush in gear and follow a healthy meal plan.
I affirm my desire to blog for a year. I am grateful that I have followed through thus far.
I affirm that my growth and changed behaviors will lead me to a better life. I am grateful to be more at peace.
I affirm my love of my on-line friends. I am grateful that my life has been so enriched by knowing them.
#SoCS Here are the rules: Heres the link.
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!